View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRosal
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...12332&#details

Does anyone know if this will hurt a 3 month old yorkie? We're so fed up with her constant barking in the middle of the night. We've tried sleeping near her (not on the same bed), placing our shirt in her sleep area, radio, ignoring her (which only seems to stop the barking/crying if she goes on for at least 1.5 hours), covering her ex pen with a blanket as our puppy trainer suggested) and treating her when she stops barking for the quick second she quiets down like our trainer recommended, shaking the can with pennies at her which lasts all but a few seconds, telling her no/uh oh, 'shhh', be quiet, everything else everyone here suggested that posted about last week, taking a fly swatter and showing it to her and saying 'uh uh', squirting water at her, etc etc.

Please don't misunderstand that I am being mean to our baby girl but she is driving us nuts and we're losing sleep...this is only a last resort

It occurs in the middle of the night, 5am, when we come home from work, and when we do not give her enough attention and it goes on for hours, the girl can bark up a storm. Otherwise, she is a sweet puppy
I personally think those are cruel on any size dog. Yorkie's bark alot- thats a characteristic of the breed. Sometimes Chloe really goes at it with the barking especially if Penny has somethign she wants. I just try to seperate her from Penny until she calms down or I try to give her somethign to chew on, or I have them play outside until she tires out. You just have to sort of figure out what works. If your dog is 3 months they are still a puppy and it will take a little while to figure something out. I dont think shock collars or anything remotely like that is a very good tool to use. I think we have no way of knowing how the dog really feels when they are wearig them like wether they are hurting them or not so thats why I dont like them.

I hope you find somethign that works
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!