View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
Jo-Jo
YT Addict

Hi Apricotkid. Yes, there are others...we lost our 12 year old male to complications of this disease last September 16th. We got Little Man Tate (AKA Booger) when he was 4 months old and we loved him like he was our child. We went through the testing, belly taps, ultrasounds, x-rays, endoscopes, lasix, prednisone, diet changes, therapies, plasma transfusions, blood tests and more blood tests. We checked protein levels, albumen levels, kidneys, liver enzimes and everything in between, he had several had IV's and hospital stays. When he was doing well he was fine for quite some time but then we would notice the fluid starting to build again and off we went to the vet. It was hard but we did what we could for Boog as long as he let us know he still wanted to be with us but when he let us know otherwise we had to make the hardest decision we've ever had to make and we had him put to rest. We got a VISA card to pay for his bills and it's still called the Boogie card. I started having selfish or bad feelings towards other people when I would see them with their dog...why did mine have to leave and theirs was still with them? We grieved for the longest time and I thought I'd never be able to love another dog again but that changed and I knew I had to have another Yorkie, nothing does it for me like that fluffy little face and bundle of never ending love! I know now my Boog dog is still with me everyday, he lives in my heart and he always will. Your Mom will heal just give her some time...she'll let you know when it's right. I will always have a Yorkie in my home.

Last edited by Jo-Jo; 05-03-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Jo-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!