View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
ldenise
YT 2000 Club Member

Default condolences.. do they help?

absolutely!!
when one of our fur friends has passed, we all feel sorrow. no matter how long they have been a member. We never know what to say. How do you put the words so that they are a comfort to those left behind?

(you all know I am not good with words but I wanted to try and say this.)

My mother had alzheimers, parkinsons & congestive hear failure. she passed a couple of years ago. I have had the worse time dealing with this. I can't get past it. I have been mad a God. why was she given such a hard life? why did she have to go through such a horrible disease? As good a person as she was! Why? My mother was exceptional. (I will try to keep this short.)She lost her mother when she was 14 yrs old and was forced to raise her 2 siblings. she cooked, cleaned, ironed, etc for other people too. had to quit school to do all this. Any time she felt needed by anyone, she was right there putting her self last. she was a preacher to the preacher, that is how religious she was. we tried keeping her in her home as long as we could. I traveled 5 hours one way every week to stay a few days at a time to help care for her. when one of us would leave, one of the others would replace. chain care giving , I guess you would call it. she got to the point where we felt she was better off in a nursing home. (I am the only one who regrets doing this). sometimes when I would visit, she would be just sitting there alone. where ever they had placed her. this is how she passed. alone.

I was reading on the condolences to one of the fur friends that had passed and came across one at actually helped me.........It was like a light had turned on.....almost like my mother was sitting there reading this post to me....

when one of our yorkies pass, I never know what to say. I feel so bad for the owners and friends who have to deal with this loss.
Baby Blessing , one of your postings started me over, what I think, is a bridge to dealing with the loss of my mother. I hope your words have helped others as much as it has me. Thank you so much!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!