View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Chelsie1978

I dont mind the term I guess,but I do think its silly.When you look at a yorkie,you can see if its small or not (even in a photo) so fancy names arent necesary in my opinion.You can even tell if a yorkie pup will be a big or small adult in most cases.Lady was 8oz when I got her at 7 weeks,so obviously I knew she wasnt go to be a 7lb adult,there was no need for her breeder to point out that she was going to be small,and Jess was 2lbs at 8 weeks which meant she wasnt go to weigh 2lbs full grown..so really there is no need for any fancy names to define size at all.If a yorkie is small or going to be small,you can see it,so why point out something that is already so obvious?
I agree that other yorkie owners can also feel offended by the term "t-cup" because it does make the smaller yorkies sound like something wonderful and special when infact they are no different to the rest of the breed..the are just smaller.All yorkies are cute,this is an amazing breed and its sad that some people assosiate cuteness with tinyness..its as if the bigger yorkies cant be "cute" whilst the tiny ones are drooled over.
This is the reason there is a HUGE demand for "t-cups"..because small is cute whilst everything else is just standard.I have both,Lady is my tiny baby and Jess is my standard baby and I dont feel that Lady is more special,cuter or more worthy of everybodys attention just because she weighs 2lbs,I also dont walk around with her in my handbag pointing out how small she is (DUH! lol).They are BOTH yorkies,they are BOTH special and they are BOTH cute.No fancy names needed
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!