View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie's Mom
Awww...I am sorry that you are having to go through this. It is hard to watch our kids learn these lessons of life.

One way I think made it easier for boys to deal with the deaths of both Grandfathers and one Grandmother was that we told them everything and the youngest was 9 when my Dad died, but we didn't hide anything from him either. But I know that your situation is totally different than mine so I'm not sure if that would help Ethan or not. When the boys would talk about their grandparents right after their deaths, I would remind them of something fun that they did with them because I want all their memories of them to be good and even when they think of them now, I don't want them to be sad because they are gone, but to be happy because of all the good times that they had with them when they were here and to know how much they were loved.

I'm sure it will just take time, but maybe you can encourage Ethan to talk about your Grandfather so that he will know that it is OK to talk about him and to cry because he will miss him.

Hugs to both of you

We talk about it and he asks where papa is and then he will say in heaven with angels. We have had to deal with death a lot in the last 5 years and I've answered whatever questions he has had. My grandmother has been dead almost 5 years actually it will be 5 years on the 7th of this month she died on my birthday and my dad passed away 2 years ago in January from emphysema and our middle son died this past august in a horrible accident.

We also had to have our 15 year old Shih Tzu put to sleep after christmas this year so, it has been a rough 9 months.

He has done very well under the circumstances.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!