View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I think you're crazy to pass up this opportunity!!!! It sounds like something you will enjoy and will benefit you the rest of your life.

Frodo may not get the "substitute mother care" that you have been giving him, but I'm sure he'll do just fine while you're gone. He'll make himself at home in only a day or two, and I'm sure he'll adjust just fine.

I'm sure you think that he'll just pine away - but dogs don't do this - especially if they are in a comfortable home where their needs are being met, and they have good people caring for them. The opposite is really the truth. It will be you (not him) who will be suffering "separation anxiety."

QUOTING YOU: ". . . my parents own a business and would probably not be able to give Frodo the appropriate care and attention that he needs"
(There isn't any reason in the world they can't work and still take very good care of your little pup for four months.) A lot of us work and our pups are playful, happy, healthy, well-adjusted little dogs.

Discuss your concerns with your parents. You are so fortunate that they are willing to take care of your puppy for you. - I'm sure they will all do just fine. And any "spoiling" he doesn't get while you're gone will be all the better for both of you when you get home.

If you were my daughter - I'd be packing your bags for you!!!.....and insisting that you go.

***** The only problem I can think of is that your parents are going to fall in love with your little dog while you're gone --and you're going to have to kidnap him from them when you get home to get him back. And - in all honesty - they may end up spoiling him as much or more than you do.........

***** I can't imagine a reason in the world why your parents can't take good care of your pup for four months.

Start packing!!!!! Four months will fly by.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!