View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
We used to use a horse tank as a swimming pool when my kids were younger. What I did to keep the tank clear was I used the shock treatment but it makes the algae die and go to the bottom. Then I would swirl the water around as fast as I could, then I would let it sit for awhile. The swirling would bring all the dirt to the center of the pool. I would get a hose and get it to start syphoning then I would use it like a vaccuum cleaner and suck up all the dirt and junk that was in the center of the tank. I usually did this a couple of times. It's work but at least I didn't have to change the water all the time. I don't know if this is what you were looking for or not. Good luck.

Thanks its definetly an idea to consider. Im thinking of getting one of those pool vacuums so I could stir everythign up and then vacuum it up. SO what kind of shock treatment did you use? The sock-it brand is the only one I have heard of but it said you should have a filter when you use it? Not sure if I used a pool vacuum if maybe this would work?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!