View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 07:14 AM   #1
luvmyyorkie
Yorkie Yakker

Post Shots & Socialization

My yorkie is now 12 weeks old. I have had her since 9 weeks and got her from what I think is a reputable breeder. When I picked her up, the breeder told me I would have to wait until her 12 week shots to be able to go outside, see other dogs, etc. they gave my yorkie her first series of shots the morning I picked her up at 9 weeks, which I thought was strange but didn't question it.

So, Monday I took Maggie to the vet for her 12 week shots. the vet informed me that she actually needs one more series (in three weeks) before she can socialize with other dogs or go outside. She was actually behind by 3 weeks.

My main concern is that I feel Maggie has been robbed of the opportunity to socialize at a young age. Does this shot timing seem normal? Should I call my breeder to complain? The breeder wanted me to take her home at 8 weeks (she would have had no shots) but I couldnt pick her up until 9 weeks. I feel like they waited as long as they could before giving her the shots.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Will she still be fine if she has to wait until 15 weeks to meet other dogs and go outside? HELP!
luvmyyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!