View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #12
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcegal2002
this makes me feel much better, i hope i will get to put photos of them playing!! one day!!! i am concern because she hasnt eaten anything today, my agapi (dog) doesnt even seem aware of her maybe he thinks thats how she is, he certaintly doesnt appear scared of her at all!

i am at the moment keeping her in the guest bedroom with the doors open and he in mine... see how that goes, i also got those perfumes you hook up to the outlet (like airfreshners) to "help calm them" thats what the vet said....
Glad the pics helped. Believe me I was really scared when I first brought lex home. Funny when he first came in she was fine and all sniffing and checking him out. Then she left the room and came back two hours later. I guess she thought that he was a visitor. But after two hours she realized ooh ooh something is up here. I see toys, bedding and all that good stuff. That point when she walked by him she started growling...literally sounded like another dog. She would run away from him. At that point she was mad at us for bringing him...I was hoping she didn't leave us any packages bedhind to how her dislike of him. Anyhow for a week or so in total she would hiss at him and just run by him. Being a puppy he wanted to wrestle and play with her. She would stop at the top of the steps and look through the spindles and hiss at him from there. Towards the end of the weeks time she must have realized ok he really is not going anywhere no matter how bad I act. So slowly she started coming and checking on him again. Then out of no where came the playing and running and wrestling. The funny thing is that the lady that I got her from seemed to have a ton of animals so she was used to being around a ton of animals and dogs. I would say by the end of the second week they were best buddies. She totally comes to him to play. She will play hard and if she finds him exhausting or if he is nipping too hard she will nip him back to stop him from being too aggressive. They totally love each other now. She waits at the front door and watches when he goes out for his walk. I have yet to see them cuddle up and nap but hey one day....lol

Never fear they will be fine in a little bit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!