View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #6
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Default Don't worry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcegal2002
i introduced my new yorkie to his "sister" (egyptian mou cat of exceptional demeanor, never seen her upset she is almost like human, well behaved, lovely and very loving even to strangers) but hell, when she saw this dog she was mad. i tried introduucing them this is what happened:

they came near each other and she made a noise that sounded like a roar, opened her mouth and swoed her big teeth (even i didnt know they were that big) whenever he comes near she gets to be twice the size and all her hair stands up. she keeps "roaring" and my poor dog appears ignorant to the whole thing because he keeps going to see her.

after an hour of that, he chased her, my husband tells me not to interfere, and to let them sort it out but i am so afraid she will hurt him because she is twice his size. what can i do now? is there anything i can teach the dog, i dont think he chases her for sport but to get to know her... am i crazy? will she get over it?

what should i do in the meantime? i dont dare leave them alone for one second!!!
My siamese cat April did the same thing. It took about a week. Just keep an eye on them. I didn't have to worry much being as April has been front Declawed....but still I monitored their time together. She was growling so bad at him that I thought that I had another dog in the house. It took about a week for it to settle down. Now they are best buddies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!