View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
ryleigh
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love I could never replace him!

Yes i think shes sending all his papers - she offered to "replace" him with his brother - but says she doesnt believe its anything he was born with - She said he's been vet checked by a very reputable vet in Edmonton and the vet didnt notice anything different about his eyes She thinks it is an infection he got while playing with his litter mates on the way up here. I told her, how could I replace him just because he needs surgery or MIGHT need surgery? I couldnt do that any less than I could "replace" one of my children because they were sick (i have a 2 yr old and a 7 yr old) Maybe if he were not such a sweetheart i would "replace" him I've told my husband that even if it means i'll have to put ointment on his eyes for his whole life than i will do it I found some things aout the surgery on the shar-peis . They said that the surgery has a very high sucess rate and there is a very very low chance of recurrence. I suppose that i would replace him if we were'nt already so attached - but i doubt any other puppy will be SOOOO good with my children - so cuddly, so cute - he showers them both with kisses, my 2 yr old laughs at the site of him - he jumps up on our great big bed (pretty high for a small dog like him) and snuggles under the covers on his back with his blankie pulled up around him and his little front paws hanging out .... how could i replace him? If i did, what would happen to him? Hed go back there and she couldnt sell him - not without telling people he had a condition and needed eye surgery - not many people want to take on that responsibility or burden. She did say she can have her vet come up and take a look @ him and bring his replacement should he not clear up -at her expense - but i told her it would be great for her vet to give me a 2nd opinion but that i do not want a replacement. Hes perfect in every other way - and already very attached to us all in different ways. With my 7 year old daughter, hes very playful - always showering her with kisses, with my 2 yr old son, hes a bit more cautious - he sneaks up, kisses him, backs away and repeats. With me hes a cuddle bug and loves to snuggle up in my lap and with my husband, hes a little man - chasing him around the yard or house wagging his tail. He also "fetched" a ball yesterday (although he didnt catch it in mid air) a little plush one and brought it to me so proud and we tossed it a cpl times - hes almsost an adult not really a pup anymore (5 months, born around Dec 23rd) but hes still my little baby. My sisters understand, but my cousin is being VERY heartless and telling me "you are stupid, its a dog, replace him" I dont know how ANYONE could be that cold! Please keep him in your prayers I'm REALLY hoping that it isnt what it is but if it should come to surgery - I'm thinking now he will be alright
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!