View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #6
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Me again. I hope everyone had a pleasant Memorial Day weekend!

We're treating her for inhalent allergies...but I think something more is up. Her tonsils are swollen, and today she had ABSOLUTELY no interest in food, has been "shivering" several times (and it's HOT here), and doesn't want anything to do with me or my husband. She chose to sleep in her kennel, not with us. She's never done that before. So, I went to bed with her kennel right beside me, and slept restlessly, until, oh joy, my beagle-mix began throwing up!

I spent an hour, and $55, on the phone with animal poison control (began to worry that the new wood polish I was using was poisoning them) and while I'm thrilled to hear that it's not the likely culprit, I've got two sick dogs with odd symptoms.

My husband went online about midnight and spent about 2 hours researching their symptoms, and now we just have more questions....I may have said this before, but I'm at my wits end.

If anyone sees this at this late point in the evening, please pray for us. I'll be calling the vet the minute they open.

I plan on taking:

bm samples, the bottles of pepcid and benedryl so they can verify that I'm using the right meds, the floor polish (can't hurt), and a typewritten list of events as I recall them.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!