View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 07:03 AM   #2
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

I have never lived near a Banfield Hospital, so I haven't got a really informed opinion of them. The IMPORTANT question to ask is whether they have treated a lot of small breeds, particularly Yorkies. You want a vet that really understands the needs, problems, and health risks of tiny dogs.

Since you live in Miami, I am assuming that Banfield draws on a much larger population than where I am in Maine.....LOL.....and that is good. We tend to have more of the sporting/country type dogs up here in Maine, although tiny breeds are certainly growing in popularity.

Pay a visit to Banfield and INTERVIEW them. We changed vets this year when we grew unhappy with the vet's office we had. (The vet was nice, but the office staff was just nasty.) So we asked around everywhere, and then we went and looked around and interviewed the vet's office we now have. Had them do some simple things like heartworm checks. We were impressed, and they have since done Higgins neutering, etc. We have a number of vets in the area, but the one we chose is the ONLY vet who has emergency hours and will cover on the weekend. The others make you go to an emergency clinic over an hour away!

You might tell the breeder that you would like to go to a vet closer to your home and ask if she/he knows anything about Banfield.
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!