View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Default PLEASE READ=Memorial Day card for ALL

Today we remember all those that have given so much for the cause of freedom, they gave their ultimate their all. We celebrate this day in sadness but in appreciation to all that have served in our armed forces. I especially want to honor in remembering a cousin of mine that served in the Viet Nam War, so many at that time came home to be not appreciiated and frowned upon, needless to say Raymond took to the bottle and became what some would call a bum. To my way of thinking, No, he was not a bum he was a young man at the age of 19 that was called upon to fight a war which he did not agree with but went because he was called upon, he was given the purple heart award, then when he came home it was a battle on his own to try and fit back into society but the bottle over took him and his mind and he lost that battle two weeks ago to Cirrhosis of the liver. I called him couple weeks before his passing and he asked me, was he going to go to Hell, and then we talked and I assured him no he was not going to Hell he would be in Heaven, and he told me on his tombstone he already had made up is inscribed with these words,
"NOW I KNOW MORE THAN ANY MAN ALIVE"
This card is in honor of Raymond and all those called to fight a battle for the cause of Freedom, whether they agree or not. They were AMERICANS for a cause we all believe in. Patti and Jack

http://www.123greetings.com/events/m...memorial2.html
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!