View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #60
monkeyandpenut
Senior Yorkie Talker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmedici13
Hello everyone!

I just got my baby girl two weeks ago. Yesterday she completed her third month in this world, and (according to the vet who didn't take her collar off to weigh her) she weighs 3 lbs! I am a little confused because both of her parents are under 4 lbs, and the breeder guaranteed me that, like all her puppies, this one would be 4lbs full grown. Some people in this forum have told me that according to their formula she should be 7 or 8 lbs full grown, so I contacted the breeder and asked her what was going on. She said that at 8 weeks my baby girl weigh 1.5lbs and that according to her formula she should weight 4 lbs full grown and the fact that she is 12 weeks and 3 lbs doesn't affect anything.

I am so confused though! She says that her puppies grow fast and then stop growing earlier too. Could that be true? I would never stop loving Malibu but, she wouldn't fit on anything I got her (including her carrier) if she got any bigger than 5 lbs. Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing? has anyone had a puppy that weight 3lbs at 12 weeks and now weighs under 5lbs full grown?

Thank you!

My Monkey was 3.2 lbs at 13 weeks, at 10months he is 6lbs. I feed him quality food, and the recomended portion. He is very healthy. Dont overfeed your dogs.... keep them healthy
monkeyandpenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!