View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Most dogs are happier to see other people than they are their owners....

We are with them all the time. They love us most - but certainly (if they are happy and secure) they take us for granted....and they should. It's when those other people come over, those new people, or that little girl from down the street that they get so excited....after all, these visits are a real treat. It's not something that happens every day.

When my two dogs are outside, I can call them until I'm blue in the face to get them to come in. And, they won't come in until they're ready. But, if I say, "Sammi is here. Come see Sammi! (my granddaughter)" -- they about knock me over getting into the house.

I can even say, "Come see who's here!" and they'll about knock me over getting into the house.

Or - they can only hear a car coming (one whose sound they recognize), and they're at the front door - oh so excited - even before the car's engine has been turned off.

BUT - when push comes to shove - it really is us that they love, trust, and rely on. I took my two dogs to the lake last summer. We were out on a dock (that was moving) - a strange and frightening place for them, and, believe me, they had no time for anyone else but me. They were frightened and wanted to be right on top of me the whole time - on my lap! The second time we went to the lake, they were no longer afraid - and I got very little attention from them that trip and haven't since..... They are more secure now and can just be their adventureous little selves without needing my protection or care.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!