View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
teri88
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

My kids are teens now, but I remember my girlfriend who had a day care in her home and she had a special room set aside for the kids. That way she didn't worry about them touching anything they shouldn't. It was a totally safe room. Bright primary colors are fun, with charectors the kids know and love, like Dora and Sponge Bob and Sesame Street. More than one of the same toy is nice because they don't fight over it. And my kids always loved to play house or school. A kitchen set, a vaccum, cleaning stuff. Or a chalk board and paper with crayons are always a big hit. If you have skin kids I would suggest that their personal toys and books not be used for the daycare. It's really hard, and in my opinion, not fair for them to have to share all of their stuff with everyone every day. There should be seperate things for the day care kids. That is just my opinion, though. When are you starting? It is fun, but really hard work. I did it for about a year when my son was 2 and my daughter was an infant. It didn't work out for me, I hated having to share mommy with everyone. There was always something my kids wanted or needed and I was too busy for them.. I finally said to myself that I was doing this so I could stay home with my kids but my kids seem to always be getting the short end of the stick. I think now that it was just the wrong time. My kids were too young. Good luck with it!
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!