View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
luvmylife1010
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need input from people near Decaturville, TN

My husband may be laid off from his job of 12 years at the end of this month and we are seriously considering moving to TN. We actually found a house that we like on a golf course that is about eight miles from Decaturville. Neither of us has been to TN before, but have heard wonderful things about it. I especially like the no income tax thing! There are many good reasons to move down that way. The house is the same size as ours and has twice the property and is about half the price of what we can get for our house here, so we will end up having a very small mortgage if we do move down there. I just want to hear personal experiences from you guys about the area, job availability, average salaries, average cost of household bills, driving distance to Memphis and Nashville, friendliness of the people, weather, school system, etc. (The person that's selling the house said that any child that graduates from the local high school gets $4000.00 per year to go on to college.) Is that a state or county thing or does it sound private?

We are planning on taking a trip down there soon to check things out. It's the beginning stages, but I'm hopeful to move out of NJ. It's just so expensive to live here anymore. Outrageous!

Thanks for your input!
luvmylife1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!