View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Default Embarrassing training story?

Eddie had a classic moment in Jumper Class tonight that got me to thinking others might have some amusing or embarrassing moments from obedience school. Please share yours here. Here's Eddie's. I'm still laughing.

Eddie is the smallest dog in jumper class, so the instructor always makes a point of having to lower the jumps from 12" to 8" when it's Eddie's turn. Tonight, they added a long, twisty tunnel to the course that Eddie had never seen before. When it was his turn, he cleared two 8-inch jumps and then stopped at the tunnel. I shouted "TUNNEL!" but he just sat down and cocked his head. I pointed inside and again shouted "TUNNEL!" but he just cocked his head the other way and pranced backward. Finally, when I said it again, he ran around to the side of the 16" tunnel and jumped on top of it in one smooth leap.

As Eddie was walking the length of the tunnel to try to find a good way down, I could hear the entire class break up in laughter and I almost fell down in tears. My little man who was too small to clear a 12" jump, according to the instructor, just leaped on top of a 16" tunnel because he didn't understand my command.

I've never been prouder of him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!