View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #21
GeorgiesMomma
I love TBCG!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacy's Mom
Very touching video and a beautiful tribute to your parents. Anti-depressants definitely help many people so I don't see any reason not to try them under a doctor's care. I think the best anti-depressant is faith based on God's promises. When you realize you will see and be with your parents again one day, it makes the waiting easier. When you realize they still share in your joys, it makes the occasion happier. When you realize they are living in a wonderful existence together, it makes the loss bearable.

I had a young girl in my Sunday School class that lost her Mom to cancer at the age of three. She was adopted by a couple in our church, only to lose her adopted mother to cancer at the age of 6. Just last month, she lost her adopted father due to a fatal heart attack at her track meet. She graduates from high school this Memorial Day. I taught her for so many years and now she is teaching me. Her faith in God is so strong she has been able to deal with her great losses. I told her how very proud I was of her and she told me that when she feels alone she remembers what I had told her when she was very young that just because you can't see the wind doesn't mean it isn't there. She says she may not be able to see God or her parents right now, but she never doubts that they are always right with her. And I too know they are!
Not to turn this in something religious but I wanted to say Amen to that one. At 19 I found God and he became my Mother, my Father and everything to me. He made me appreciate those days with my Mom and gave me a purpose and a goal to be with her again oneday. You will always have your Mother and Father there with you in spirit hold on to that because it can really help you get through it.

Read About Georgie's Experience with Atlantoaxial Instability (AAI) Here!
GeorgiesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!