View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
DazzlinYT
YT Addict

It is just not feasable to keep a mother dog and her pups on a reclining couch, she needs quiet, PRIVACY..a "den" like area..and CONFINEMENT or you are going to find puppies sprawled out on your living room floor cold and mommyless if not dead. You need to quit giving into her, and put her in a LARGE crate or other confined area (much smaller than a walk in closet) with a heating pad under half of it...make sure the heating pad is WARM to your hand through the bedding, but not hot. You can't allow her to carry the puppies around, she is going to hurt them even not meaning to. You've got to be the smarter of the two species in this case, and make her do what she needs to do, even though you want to baby her...she is a mommy now herself, and she needs to be made to BE a mommy. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, I am just cringing at the thought of her carrying around puppies in her mouth with milk coming out their noses crying, no heating pad in your pictures, and the fact she's laying on a couch, not in a cozy puppy den where she can learn to be a mother, and has no choice in the matter. TOUGH LOVE on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb2
It could have quite possibly been milk around the nose, etc. Im just not sure

BUT Momma and babes are doing much much better!

I gave up on trying to fight her about where she beds down (to an extent) she has as of this point found a comfy end of our couch (covered with layers of blankets and one of her pillows) as her perch of happiness - for the moment atleast - dont worry guys, she and pups are safe, its a reclining couch and I have the foot out to avoid any dropping and Ive been in the room with them all day. Ill post a pic when my camera batteries recharge. Ive worn them out in the past few days!

Thanks so much for everyones concern, advice and prayers! They are truly appreciated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!