View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

That sucks! I know the feeling. January '05 I was called in to HR, my boss didn't even come, and he told me my position had been eliminated and that I would have to take early retirement. That my last day would be 1/31 this was 1/14. I had worked for this compnay for 33 years and was a Director. I was also only 53 so my pension was greatly reduced because of my age. They had sent my call center (75 people)for cheaper labor 6 months ago and put me in the Life area where this Boss hated me and I had never run up against this before because I am very easy to get along with and she waws jealous because the new team liked me because I treated them fairly and kindly she was a dictator! The HR guy said you can make as big a deal as you want about your retirement and people will think it was your idea!!! yeah right everyone knows I wasn't going to retire and I had a kid in college and a husband in not so great health. So I left that building right after that and never went back! They made me sign a statement that I wouldn't sue and if I didn't sign it I wouldn't get my severence pay. So they protect themselves.
So i am makinf 1/4 of what I was making but I LOVE not working having no boss to deal with. I just cut back on spending and know I take care of my 86 year old parents every day and I I got Cali! Ido believe things happen for a reason. I know you will find a better job soon!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!