View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #9
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
That's great!!! How about running errands for the elderly? Put up a notice in a senior complex. Cleaning homes. You can make some good money or cleaning offices at night
Patti glad you thought up this one in the elderly needing help.

There has been so many times when I sure could have used someone to hire to assist to help me, but in our area, hired services for the elderly are hard to find. Another suggestion would be to do yard work for the elderly that are still within their own home and wish to remain so but need yard help. What about sitting with an elderly person while the spouse can go shopping, I know this is getting harder for me to do and eventually am going to need this type of service for Jack, I am sure there may be folks in your area that could use this kind of help. There are so many things you can do, in my days when my children were little I wanted to stay home with them....soooooo I took in ironings for awhile, not that I had to work, I know, I know not a fun job, but I liked to be a little bit independent and at that time no one liked doing ironings, and let me tell you I was swamped LOL, at the same time I met a lot of nice people in doing it, some of the folks that I did for was our local chamber of commerce president and his family and the owner of several of the new car dealerships and can you believe to this day I still do Jack and my ironings, guess I am too old to break the habit or just plain nuts, with all the newer fabrics out..... I have to still love the ole cottons. Patti
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!