View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy's Mommy
When we first got her we tried the crate thing and she wanted nothing to do with it. Whenever she sees the cats she goes nuts. I think she just wants to play with them but, they hate her. There is no way that she would sleep in a bed next to ours. She would definitely want to be in bed with us but, the cats sleep in the bed with us and I feel it would be unfare to kick them out. I thought that she might be doing it because we leave her downstairs but, I don't know what to do. She doesn't know how to act around the cats.

I can sympathize. I have three cats....Ramsey loves her kitty brothers far more than they love her, let me tell ya. BUT they have gotten used to the fact that Ramsey now sleeps in the bed....though not necessarily all 3 cats at the same time. They'll adjust, really.

Ramsey hated her crate too, but I didn't give her a choice. She goes to work with me and had to ride IN that crate. I ignored her screaming....and it was SCREAMING. She now loves her crate....goes in voluntarily, prefers to nap there, and sometimes eats a treat inside.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!