View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Rem&Silkmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyJessy
Hello -

I just got a Yorkie puppy this past Friday. Oscar is 14 weeks old and weighs 3 pounds. He is very cute and active.

I was wondering how much food I should give him? Right now I am giving him a 1/4 cup of dry food about 3 times a day but he doesn't eat very much. The first couple of days I wet the food down but he seems to like it more when it is dry.

Is there a preferred brand of puppy food that is healthier for him? He doesn't seem to be interested to much in his food but likes to eat from our other dog's bowl. He will only eat the puppy food if I feed it to him by hand one at a time and he'll eat a few bites from his bowl on his own after that but then he just stops and wanders over to the other dog's bowl.

Is adult dog food okay for him to eat? I don't want to take it away from him if he is actually eating.

How much food should he be getting a day? I don't want him to starve!

Please help - I'm not really sure if he's starving or not. He still seems to have a lot of energy.

Thanks!
Chance did this also...would not be intrested in what his bowl had only what Remmy had. I feed Flint River Rance Adult/Puppy formula. So now they eat the exact same thing. Also I have two kennels so I put thier food in thier kennels when they are in it during the day.
Rem&Silkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!