View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #7
Bonnie's Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Awesome video...I had to quit watching it because I am at work and it was making me cry!! Especially where your Dad was on the cart...my Dad had one and he would take the boys for rides when they were little...my middle son called it "Buddy's motorcycle"!

My Dad passed away in 1998, but it seems like yesterday...I know I didn't grieve for him because all my time and energy was put into taking care of my Mom. When Mom passed away in 2004 she was so ready to go...she had had a stroke and couldn't see well and was in danger of losing her 2nd leg...she had lost her first leg the year before Dad died...but it didn't slow her down a bit...she was awesome! (I had actually bought Bonnie for my Mom, but she passed away before we were able to bring her home, so I have her as a reminder of my Mom everyday ) Anyway...after she died..I'm not sure how to word this, but she was so adamant about having to go to a nursing home and was ready to go..so it was a bit of a relief and for the first months after she died I only thought about her in the state she was in at her death, but now when I think of her, I remember her being healthy and able to do for herself and full of life, so in some ways I grieve more now for her that when she died, and I definitely feel that I grieve more now for my precious Daddy (I was an only daughter and Daddy's little girl) today than I did 8 yrs ago...BUT I made a decision a long time ago that neither of them would want me to be sad thinking of them, so I think of how blessed I was to have them and what wonderful grandparents they were for my kids. I did have a small meltdown last week when thinking about my sons graduation coming up and he will only have 1 grandparent there (my father-n-law died 6 months before my Mom)!

Sorry...didn't mean for that to get so long winded but just seeing your video made me think of parents...I can tell you were as blessed as I was and you also have some wonderful memories!

edited to add: my oldest son made a video for my fil we played at his memorial...if I can find it on my computer I will post it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!