View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzys Mom
Kizzy coat feels kinda cottony. it is thick but when I give her a bath and brush her, the ends look kinda fuzzy or something like that, especially around her rear. . Is that because she still has baby hair in there or can anyone tell me? and If you have answers as to why it is fuzzy looking, do you have answers as how to make it better?
I posted this in general yorkie talk but havent had any one answer so not sure if everyone reads the post in all threads but I thought I might get one answer at least if I post it again on another thread.
She could have a cotton coat, if this is the case she may never grow out of it. You won't know if it is a cotton coat until a year old, in some cases it takes longer. I have heard the ice on ice product works great for these coats, you just don't want to put too much on or it can look greasy. Also, her hair could be breaking causing her hair to look fuzzy, it is just like human hair that has split ends. Always brush her with her hair wet down a little, brushing it dry could cause the hair to break.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!