View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
poo
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Should I spay my baby?

Pancake is 5 3/4 months and she is a yorkie/toy poodle mix. She is 6 lbs and the vet guesses she will be 10 lbs full grown. I would prefer it if she didn't get much bigger than that; of course, I love her so much and would be happy with her no matter what size she is. After reading yorkieK9trainer's thread on neutering, I wonder if she will grow bigger if I do spay her. Maybe I will wait until she is full grown to prevent her from growing beigger than she normally would. We were at the vet today and he said she was ready to be spayed. I've only ever heard good things about neutering/spaying your pets, but why should I put Pancake through a painful procedure when it's not necessary; she will not be having pups. Also, according to this referenced article, there are many more concerns regarding spaying than the vet told me about today. Well according to my vet there were no concerns only benifits, and you just do it. And I would like a little more information to go on than that. I guess the major source of concern for me is that I have been trying to find actual facts on why to neuter, but all I have found so far is: your pup will be healthier, and better behaved. But where is this information coming from? Sorry this is more of a rant than a question, although I still have not made up my mind and am open to any suggestions or comments you have regarding your spayed or neutered fur baby.
poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!