View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
fb2

Cry I dont know what to do ...

Our Yorkie gave birth to 5 babes Sunday morning/afternoon. 2 were still born. She had problems getting the afterbirth out also. She was given 3 shots on Sunday - 1 for shock, 1 to help her expel the rest of the after birth and 1 of antibiotics. We'll I took her back to the vet today to have her and the pups checked out b/c she was still leaving green "stuff" spots where ever she was laying. The vet gave her another shot of antibiotic and another shot to help her clean out. I believe she was so freaked out by the pups and nervous that she didnt concentrate on herself very much, i.e. cleaning herself.
Ok so now, starting about 2 hrs ago she has been frantic and nervous acting. She is picking the pups up and toting them around and trying to get them to under my bed and trust me that isnt a safe place for those tiny things. She and the pups are gated into a 4' x 4' walk in closet that I cleaned completely out so she would have her own area and could feel secure (btw we dont close the door to the closet - its open at all times with a baby gate up). She has picked up and toted one of the pups so much that it keeps having milk come out of its nose and sounds to be choking and she still keeps toting it around. She is wide eyed and nervous to the point that everytime one of them makes a peep she starts to shake and gets even more nervous acting. She keeps picking them up and toting them to the gate and pawing at it to get out.
Im at my wits end and cant think of anything else that I can do for her. She is eating or was until about 2 hrs ago. I cant get her to eat puppy food so she has been eating pedigree can food and she refuses to drink water so Ive been giving her a mixture of 1 part goats milk to 2 parts water and a tablespoon of light karo syrup. Could she be having anxiety issues from the karo? That just dawned on me while typing. Someone please tell me what to do and how to handle this. She starting to scare me and Im worried that she might hurt the pups. Im assuming the one that keeps gurgling on his milk from her toting him is just having "spit-up" type issues ... do pups get that like human babies do?
fb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!