View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
gentlybentley
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Cry HELP! My baby might have PDA (patent ductus Arteriosus)

Hi All...I am relatively new to this forum. I have been reading other member posts and have found this forum us full of valuable first hand information.

My yorkie is 15 weeks old and weighs 1 1/2 lbs. He has been to the vet several times and everything was fine. Well, starting two days ago, I noticed that he was sleeping alot and not eating well. I gave him nutra cal to help with his appetite and nourishment. This morning, he was coughing and whining. Then he pooped on my husband, so I knew something was really wrong. I rushed him to the vet. They did some x-rays and an ultrasound. She said he had fluid in his lungs, that his heart is enlarged and she suspects PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus). She is sending me to a cardiologist for further evaluation. She sent him home on lasics (spelling?). I am so scared. I love him so much, and the thought of having to watch him die is heartwrenching. Does anyone know anything about this condition? I looked it up and I see the clinical stuff, but I'm wondering if any of u have personal experience. The vet did say that it may be operable....so I am clinging to hope! Please, if you have any input....let me know.
gentlybentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!