View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAD2001
I NEVER said anything about leaving them outside unattended. I just want to be able to let them out side to do thier business without putting them on a leash and then when they are done have them listen to me when I tell them to go back into the house. of just be able to play fetch with them outside without worring about them running off. When they were puppies they were really good about it, they stayed close by, but it was also winter then. Now that it is nice out they just want to run arround chasing birds and take off exploring the whole neighborhood.
I agree with all the fence comments, but since you clarify: I was able to do it to maybe 95 percent effectiveness by being consistent. Every single time he wandered toward the street, I said "uh, uh." When he came to me, I rewarded him. When he wandered out of the yard, I said "uh, uh," then calmly walked to him, picked him up and took him into the house. He's 2 now, and when I say "uh uh," he stops. But I still don't trust him if there are cars on the street.

I 'made' a fence out of an xpen in the backyard to close off the one section that was unfenced. Works pretty well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!