View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #14
Israel
Yorkie Yakker

Default The Lord bless you in your sorrow

There are those who sometimes foolishly argue there will be no animals in heaven, as though the Lord created them as throwaways. Any of us who have felt the love returned from these precious balls of fur and joy know that is not true. Someone once said "no good thing ever dies", and the simple trust, loyal devotion, ready forgiveness, and unconditional love we have all come to know from these "lowly" creatures speaks volumes of the grace of their Creator, and His goodness. I join with you in you sorrow over your lost little one, as my wife and I watched our little girl Chelsey succomb to the onslaught of what was only able to conquer her body...but not her spirit. We buried her last night in the place in the yard where she would lay belly up in the sun during healthier and happier days. But more than join you in your sorrow, I join with you in the hope of the resurrection and the triumph of life over death through the Lord Jesus. For the whole creation groans in travail, (including the Yorkie part) awaiting the manifestation of the sons of God. Where each runs without tiring, the supply of slightly swifter squirrels is inexhaustable, and every ball, though soft as a gummy bear and just as chewable, is puncture proof.
God is much more easily seen in the loving eyes of that three pound gift than in the grandest cathedral.
As it comforts me, may it comfort you to know they both discovered a faithful companion with whom they could trot through those gates of Pearl and together play until we are all again reunited in fields of gloriously green grass that are as soft as your sobs now are against your pillow.
Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!