Thread: Size/weight
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #47
cmedici13
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootiesMom
I am a bit confused, why are you terrified? because of her size? I bought a "tiny" Yorkie with little or no knowledge of what I was doing.. my "tiny" boy now weighs 12 1/2 pounds. He is the CUTEST thing in the world! He is a Yorkie, through and through, but he is just a handful! I am very happy with him, he is SO MUCH FUN!
I am sure your dog IS fun and that he IS cute, but I did not buy a 12 pound dog. I bought a supposedly 5 pound dog. So, it's like paying for bon jovi tickets and having aerosmith perform instead. I mean, I love both bands, but I wanted to see Bon Jovi. It's hard for me to understand how there are so many "Yorkies" whose standard weight is 3 to 7 lbs that are way over that range. I didn't want a dog that was bigger than 5 lbs. I have had huge dogs, and I loved them to death, but I wanted a 5 pound dog. I know there are no guarantees when you buy a dog, but I thought I would just happen to be in that group of people who pay for a 5 lb dog and get a 5 lb or under dog. And she is already 4 lbs! At 4 months! So how can she possibly stay small? That's why I am terrified. Because she is going to be more like a silky terrier. And I paid a lot of money for a Yorkie...not a silky.
cmedici13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!