Thread: Rather worried
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
mustangbee
Donating YT 9000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YORKIE7
There is a young girl where I live, and I see her walking her new dog which is a rottweiler (sorry can't spell). This girl has this dog with her all the time, I can see she totally adores the rotti. My real concern is, that this girl is about 12 yrs old, and the rotti is triple her size (it isn't a puppy),i have seen it barking at people and it literally takes the girl for the walk. She has no control over it what so ever. Im now PETREFIED to take my babies for a walk as I will most deffinatley bump into her and her rotti. Please dont think I am stereo-typing big dogs, I just worry as she has no control of it. He could be a perfectly friendly dog, however what I have seen of him so far, I wouldnt like to take the chance.

I would talk to the girl. Her Rottie very well could be a sweetheart. But if he's taking the girl for the walks, he's a strong sweetheart. Rottie are very strong, and being new I would'nt take the chance. I have Princess who is my Yorkie, and Mandy, she's a 120 pound Rotti. Our daughter can't take Mandy for walks, only because Mandy is too strong,I insist her Dad goes with her. She is a sweetheart, and is super friendly with everyone, but big dogs are known to protect, and if they feel fear, they will act on it, you just have to be ready for it. So yea, I would talk to her, and maybe even the parents too if you get a chance. Rotties are great, all furbabies are, but you always want to stay on the safe side.
mustangbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!