Thread: How old is old?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #11
apollo
Yorkie Yakker

My grandfathers Yorkie Poo just passed on at the tender age of 14 years. She lives a LONG healthy life up until recent and she started to have seizures and liver and kidney problems. I feel bad because she started to suffer there in the end and he has lost his wife a few months before that. He has had 3 open heart surgeries and he only has one good lung left. The vet kept her over a week and told him she would be fine. He sent her home and the very night she got home she started to have severe seizures. They called the vet to come out to do something but before he got there, and this is at 2 am, she died a HORRIBLE death. He paid 3000.00 for a funeral for her and Kandi had a real casket, a tombstone with her piture and name and had a real service for her. He did not think of her as a dog but as his best friend and child. She had a GREAT life while she was with him and now she is in doggie heaven. My grandfather has been in the hospital 2 times since her death and we are worried her death and the loss of his wife previously is going to drive him to his death.

It must be AWEFUL to lose a belooved pet. I cant imagine the feelings and though process when you lose a long time friend. Just imagine the larger breeds live less than small breeds so it would be really hard owning the big ones. I couldnt imagine having to lose 2 or 3 dogs in your lifetime.

God Bless
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!