View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
armaneo
Yorkie Yakker

Sorry to keep harping on a sore subject.

I was reading that the surgery only cost $450?!!! I paid $1200!!! And that was in light of an alternative which was even more expensive.

Furthermore, the surgeon (who is well known in the community) screwed up the first time around, and had to put Armaneo under a SECOND time, 1 hour after he came out of anesthesia - to re-open the incision and do more work.

Needless to say, Armaneo barely made it out from anesthesia the second time. His heart pressure was way too low, and his body temperature would not stablize normal levels. He had to be put in a special unit to maintain temperature. My mother, who happens to be an anesthesiologist, attested to the fact that even humans, going under general anesthesia twice in that short of a period is extremely taxing. And that his post-op symptoms were very abnormal.

Anyway, we recently got his teeth cleaned for the first time, and I discovered that as a general matter, he does not take well to anesthesia. Supposedly, the doctors had difficulty with him again. When I picked him up, he was very very messed up. Blood on his face, head hair was all wet, eyes glossed, crying for hours.... My friend's dog that I had taken with him at the same time, for the same cleaning, looked compeletely normal.

Do people on this board tend to take their yorkies to get their teeth cleaned under anesthesia? And if so, aren't they concerned with the effects of anesthesia - long and short-term?
armaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!