View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #13
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

ringworm is 100% treatable and doesnt effect the health of the puppy only plays havoc on his coat and skin...It is contagious where you and your family can get it as well. Lotrimin will work for you and your human family but I advise you NOT to do dips on a puppy the sulfur ingredients are far to strong and if ingested can play havoc on his young system.

Make sure you clear everything he has touched and keep him confined cleaning his area and bedding daily. Vacume all surfaces daily and throw away the bags outside, clean every wood or tile surface with bleech and water, dilute a bottle with a bit of bleech and a lot of water and spray your carpets. There is a cleaning product I use and many other breeder friends use that kills most every germ even HIV called Odoban, you can get it at Sam's club, Walmart and some home depots (dont let the pup around the bleech areas it can absorb into the paws)

Your vet can prescribe three things that will eliminate in rather quickly medicated shampoo Malaseb and Griseofulvin rendered (taken orally) and a topical miconazole cream.

I hope this helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!