View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Default Itchy, itchy, scratchy, scratchy...

Poor Ginger. She went through an itchy stage last year, and I switched foods and finally settled on Nutro Lamb & Rice. The itching stopped. Then, she started up with the itching again this spring (she's apparently determined NOT to grow her hair, as she keeps chewing it off). So, I've been doing the benedryl thing, but it is NOT getting any better...I'm thinking, maybe a new food. I feel so bad for her.

Is anyone familiar with Dick Van Pattens Natural Choice dog foods? I spent a lot of time on the dog food project last night, then a good hour at Pet Value reading labels. I settled on this one http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dog...as/VenDog.html

Its their "allergy formula" and contains no corn, wheat, soy, sunflower oil, etc...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it good or bad.

(My beagle mix wolfed down the sample I gave him, Miss Ginger looked at me like I was trying to poison her but that's to be expected...)

Also, I always buy the Paul Newman Treats because they are corn and soy free..but my dogs barely like them. Any great treat ideas?

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!