Thread: Hi!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Welcome, Miss Sara! Good job on posting pics. I love Tila! I'll bet your big dogs will warm up to her when they realize how much fun she is.

From what I've learned here, breeding Yorkies, or any dog, is not as easy as it sounds. Much can go wrong, and you've got to be prepared to deal with it. Breeders get stuck with unexpected medical bills, they have to know how to treat certain illnesses and dock tails. They have to have the facilities and supervision to make sure the bitches are separated from unwanted males when in heat. And they have to be prepared for the consequences when they fail. They have to be financially stable enough to offer health guarantees on their pups. And they should be prepared to search out owners who are stable enough to take the best care of their dog.

Yorkies are expensive for those reasons. Good breeders really aren't in it for the money. They're out to improve the breed.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Can't wait to see more pics of Tila!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!