View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
Terra
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default About Crate Training again...

Please, I mean no disrespect, but this isn't a new option we wish to participate in right now (crate training) since they already will use pee pads in their pen and go outside. My concerns is hoping that they can tell us in some way (signal) that they need to go out when we are not right in their presence. I put them in the pen when needed and they get the rec room and outside a lot of the day and night. Please, I know about Crate Training. At this point after 5 months of training with pee pads and outdoors we don't wish to include another new method. I could be wrong mind you, but at this point this is not what I am really looking for.

I was hoping for some relief in supervising them. Having to watch them so closely when they are out of their pen and kennel (open crate).

All of our time (their free time outside the pen) is supervised and here is where we are just pooped! I was hoping for some advise as to maybe being able to put them in the pen more or try leaving the house when they are in the pen (which I haven't tried yet), etc. I was looking for suggestions that will help us observe the signals of when they have to go outside when we have them in the rec room. Once this happens we can have them graduate to more rooms in the house.

We are just tired but love our little girls. They are wonderful. I just got done playing ball with them outside. They love it. They get lots of rewards in the way of treats and affection for their great behavior!

Thanks again and please don't be offended if I ask that Crate Training not be the issue here. Thank you.

Blessings,
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!