View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 AM   #7
Terra
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default To all who suggested crate train...

We have a pen in which they learned to eliminate on pee pads. This worked fine. They still - if in the pen too long will use the pee pads. The pen is a large space with their kennel. I put them in there when I need to get some work done or it is their time to eat, etc. As they got used to the pee pads - then we started to also teach them to go outside. Thus, they have learned 2 methods of housetraining. At this point I don't know that I will now teach the crate aspect. It would seem to be more confusion, etc. I know that lots of people recommend the crate training and when we had our pomeranian's, we did exactly that. But...there is still the time they need to be moving around in the house. Time they need to let us know when they have to go outside, etc. The time that they are out of the pen is a time they can play, etc.

I am just wondering when they will be able to make it so that we will be able to let them roam around the house without constant supervision. It sounds like we have to wait a bit longer by some of the replies shown here.

Thank you all for your kinds words and wisdom and most of all...your support and understanding.

Hugs!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!