View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

We crate trained and Loki is now 1 1/2 and completely housetrained. He still goes in his crate when we are both not home (not often, a few times a week for a few hours) and when I am washing the floor or painting or something like that. Otherwise it's open and he goes in there sometimes. If I give him the "crate" command he bolts to his crate (I was sick of chasing him, this is easier) and waits for his treat. Sometimes he'll go in there to sleep. Sometimes he'll go in there to try to get a treat! He sleeps wherever he wants (usually on the floor of our room in his bed, he only cuddles if it's cold).

I built Loki a box to get onto our bed, rather than buy pet stairs. In case anyone is interested I used one of those $10 wood craft crates from Michaels (with a 40% off coupon!) and covered it with some batting and fabric and secured it with a staple gun. It's small where I don't trip on it, and Loki uses it like a trampoline. He will even circle around the bed to use it (It's on my side) so I know he likes it because he chooses to use it.

Also, we had 2 crates when Loki was little. One upstairs and one downstairs. We had the smallest size wire crate then too. Now he has a few sizes bigger.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!