Thread: Our first show
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
annaschaben
YT 500 Club Member

Default Our first show

We just went to our first show two shows a few weeks ago. We are so excited we decided to tell everyone about it.

First of all our Yorkie girl, Roxi, is and APR female who just turned a year old. We eventually want to show AKC, but we decided to start out with the APR shows since they aren't as formal and our female is APR.

The way there shows work is that they have 6 catigories that the dog is judged on each worth 15 points. They dog must score 81 pts or higher for the show to be qualifying and the dog must have three qualifying shows to be a champion. They usually have two shows in the same day with two separate panels of judges for each show. Roxi scored 86 pts in one show and 83.5 in the other.

This show was hosted by the Nebraska breeders assosication, and in between shows they hosted a junior showman ship show, where they judge how well the kids show the dog. My son, Branigan, was in the 6 and under group and won, and my daughter, Mirandah, was in the 7 and older group and got third. There was about 15 kids in each of their groups, most who have been to a lot of shows. We were pretty excited.

Here is a picture of the kids with Roxi. This isn't the best pic of Roxi. She does have a straight back, but in this picture she is kind of humped up. Also my kids are kindof wind blown here.

anyway. If there is someone out there wanting to get started showing, but are a little nervous, APR shows are a great place to practice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ribbons.jpg (132.6 KB, 53 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!