View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 08:09 AM   #14
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaneo
Schatze-

My yorkie also had surgery for his Legge-Perthes. He had a femoral head excision on his right hind leg - complete removal of the ball of his joint. That is the normal surgery for Legge-Perthes right?

Anyway, prior to the surgery, he was in definate and seirous pain. It has been a year and a half now, and he uses all four legs 85% of the time. However, when he runs full speed, he usually lifts it up quite a bit.

Also, after serious excercise, I get the feeling that the area is sore for him. I massage the area gently, and he seems to like that. Do you and your yorkie experience anything like this?

It seems odd that from never hearing about LP I sure hear about it quite often now.

I am glad your little one has recouperated from his surgery and has been on his way to complete health.

Yes, if Schatzie runs a muck for long periods of time she does seem to be sore to me. I too rub her leg and hip area as she seems to enjoy it. She too uses her hind left leg 85-90% of the time except runs at full speed.

The vet says she is healing very well and that eases my worries.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!