Thread: My New Son.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
Bird
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My New Son.

Well, I just joined YT. But I got my Yorkie named Buster on April 12. I was looking for a Yorkie or a little dog for months but I didn't have $800 to spend since I am 18.

So when I came across this ad for a male neutered yorkie. I replied because the price was $200.

I was talking back and forth with this lady. She would e-mail me rigth after I e-mailed her or the very next day. and asked her how old he was. Hes 6 and she said he was housebroken.

She said it was her mothers but since her mom had to move and couldnt take him with her she gave him to her daughter. So this lady said SHE couldn't keep Buster because she already had bigger dogs and they werent getting along so she had to get him to a new home asap.

I told her $200 was a bit much for a 6yr old dog she she told me $125 was the lowest she could go. So I said $125 was fine. Now the only thing is I was wondering how big it was and how he looked. because the two photos she posted were from a webcam and were very blury and dark. The very last picture attached is one of the ones she used in her ad.

So I went to go and see her and as soon as I got to her house I was like in shock. The house was very old and unkept. She had a small fenced in area in her backyard where there were many big dogs in there. There were signs on her fence around her house saying "puppies and kittens for sale". So I guess she was an unauthorized breeder. I dont know.

When I went tot he front door there was this big dog chained outside. I was getting upset because I didnt know what I was getting myself into. when she opened the door it smelled of pee and ciggarrettes.

But as soon as she brought out the Yorkie he ran outside and came to me like it was meant to be. He was so cute and he was carrying this really old poor looking ball that she says is his favorite ball. I started playing fetch with him and he seemed healthy. He was jumping on my lap and he was just saying PLEASE TAKE ME. So I did. She said she could stay in touch.

The very next day I emailed her pictures and videos that I had taken. Took pictures of the new collar and harness that I had bought him. She replied a few days later. Said she was glad Buster was getting along with my dog.

A few days later when I got him a new coat I e-mailed her with pictures and ever eince she hasn't e-mailed me back.

I noticed his breath smelled really bad and looked up on the internet what I could do and why. It said brushing their teeth could help and so i took him to the bathroom and opened up a new toothbrush and when I lifted up his lip to brush his teeth they were completly covered in plaque and completly yellowish orange. There was no white showing. Some teeth had already fallen out and most were loose. I started to cry. and researched on the internet.

Two days later I took him to the vet for a checkup which was only $40 and the vet said he would need some scaling. And they would clean his teeth which cost me $185 which isnt bad I thought it would be much worse. So he went in for teeth cleaning a few days later. and when I got him back his teeth were white. I was so happy I almost started to cry. I was so scared that the mouth infection would go into his bloodstream.

So anyways. The vet said his heart was healthy he looks in fine shape and his ears are good. Hes 5.3 pounds. so Im really glad about that. His teeth are clean now and Im so happy.

The lady I got him from last replied to me so maybe she knew his teeth were bad and couldnt afford to fix it and she didnt want to tell me. Or maybe she didnt know at all? All I know is that what a horrible owner her or her mother are. Didnt take care f his teeth at all. One of the most common problems with Yorkies.

Well I bought this Natural Dog toothpaste thats peanut flavored and I brush his teeth everyday with a finger toothbrush and small dog toothbrush. He still has that poor looking little ball he loves so much because its the only one he'll play with.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Son.-busters-new-shearling-coat.jpg   My New Son.-buster-beach-grass.jpg   My New Son.-buster-beach.jpg   My New Son.-buster1.jpg  

Last edited by Bird; 05-18-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!