View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRosal
Zoe is funny, we got her about 2 weeks ago at 10 months, was potty pad trained and will go in the pad/newspaper...BUT when we take her for walks with her brother, she will not potty outside-even if it's a 1-2 hour walk outside. It's so strange. As soon as she gets in the house, she will do her business in the pads as if she was holding it to go in the pad only. It's hard to potty train when we're at work all day. Should I start slowly moving the pad towards the patio door? Can I do it on the weekends, observe all day. She's really good about going potty ~1 hour after meals.

Also, anyone have a solution for puppies that pee on their feet or tush? Every morning and every evening, her feet (sometimes 1 foot, sometimes all 4) and her little bottom smells like urine. It's a pain having to wash her so many times and I'm sure it's not good for her to be bottom and legs to be washed with soap each time. Not sure if she pees on herself or while she's walking out of her pee pan.

Hope everyone finally sees the photo of our sweet Zoe that I just posted as the avitar this morning.
the photograph is quite small but you can tell she is a darling and so very cute.

On your walks, do you know if other dogs take the same path. If so, she will be able to smell pee and therefore she should be able to "go". If not, perhaps you can take a sample of her poop and drop it in the area where you want her to start relieving herself.

I crate train Tiger so it was not hard for me to get him to relieve himself outside. Plus the fact that our trail is one that other dogs go through . . .
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!