View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 07:12 AM   #8
apollo
Yorkie Yakker

I already called the woman I bought him from. She is a mail carrier and she doesnt breed professionally. The mother and father to these 2 are the only dogs she ownes. She doesnt have time for puppy she works long shifts and already has the parents she said she wouldnt have time for him. Like I said this is her first litter for her 2 Yorkies and she isnt a big breeder and doesnt have the time for him either.

I am selling because I cant handle 2 very robustlittle pooches. I wanted to place him by Friday because we are going on vacation. I did exactly what yaw are warnding people not to do, JUMPED in head first when I seen how cute they were and bought 2 instead of the ONE I was susposed to get. He is well worth what I paid for him I just didnt see fit to ask the 800 that I paid for him I know most people cant afford the 800 upto 3000 Yorkie breeders are selling their pups for and I wanted a GOOD home for him. Sometimes better homes doesnt mean more money. I am willing to take a loss as long as I KNOW he is going to a GREAT home. I dont want him going to a large breeder, someone who is not going to pamper him like he has ben here for the last week. I take them both everywhere but sometimes I have to leave one or the other at home. Its hard enough to sneak ONE in stores etc but 2, especially 2 that get much more louder and playful when they are together.

I understand being cautious but not to the point that is causes people to make judgements and base opinions about someone because of a broader concern. I am not a breeder, I would be more leary of breeders because they have pups on a regular basis, have more to place, and are usually less picky to where they go. Im not talking about the REPUTABLE breeders because those are few and far between. Im talking about the ads where people have litter upon litter for sel and prices are 1000 FIRM and they dont ask any questions about the home or why they want a dog etc.

I am very concerned where he goes and I would take a loss in money to be sure he is in a GOOD home.
We have known for a while about our vacation but we had planned to take both dogs with us. Having spent the last week taking care of 2, not 1, frisky pups I am SURE I cannot do this on vacation along with 3 children ages 4, 6 and 9 yrs. During the day the kids are at school and Im alone with the pups but on vacation I will have my 3 children not to mention my HUSBAND who is the beggest kid of all to watch. I just didnt want to have to board him or hire a pet sitter because he is young and gets attached easy. I wanted to find hima home where he can bond with the new owner and make hisself at home. If I kept him I had planned on getting him neutered so there would be NO babies in our future. I thought that much ahead but not about how hectic 2 puppies and 3 kids are together. I DID exactly what people SHOULD NOT DO Dont buy on impulse, dont let the cute faces and puppy breath get to ya. Do youre research and make sure you CAN handle a puppys needs.
apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!