Thread: Poochie bells
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #11
JRosal
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey007
One way I have heard, this is the way we taught our bloodhound. Put the dog somewhere where they can't get down, on a bed or chair of some sort(whatever it is you are probably going to want to make sure the dog is comfortable not scared). Then get the dog really excited usually they will start barking because they want down and in on whatever you are doing or what not. While they are barking keep saying the command "speak" or whatever you decide to use, we also used "sing". And remember to praise them. Like I said this is the way we taught our bloodhound, I would imagine though that it would be easier when they are a bit younger and a little more frightened to actually jump off whatever it is you have put them on to.

Also if your dog barks at a certain time like when you are feeding it you can start saying the command then and praising him when he does, eventually saying the command and making him do it before you actually put the food in the bowl. Or maybe if he barks at the doorbell or when someone knocks, have someone make the sound while you tell him the command and slowly get to where you don't have to have someone make the sound. I'm sure there are other I just don't know of any but if these don't work I'm sure others have some ideas or you can check on the web to see if there are any others. Good Luck.

----
Kissy's Mom-My sister said the same thing about the bells and going to other people's houses. That's funny because I never even thought about it, although they didn't work for us so it didn't really matter. I guess though if you are going somewhere especialy if you are staying for a longer period of time, like over night or something, you can always take the bells though.
Thank you Courtney. sounds easy enough.
JRosal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!