View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

You may be able to get a toy he really likes that makes noise and just keep it by the door and squeek it when he takes off. When, well if, he comes back let him play with it for just a bit then put it back up so he only gets to play with it in those occasions. If its something he really likes it may break his concentration long enough for him to become focused back on you.

Now seriously don't know if that would work for Reagan, but it may be worth a shot. Other than that the only thing I can think of is try to put him in these situations, controled though, and work with him. Put a long skinny rope on him(something he won't really notice) and "accidently" let him out act the same way you would if he were to really get out and then call him back and pull him back, then of course praise him. Again crazy idea because I'm sure you've prob already done this.

When Reagan is outside she only listens to "come" when she wants so I taught her "in the house" she does much better with that. I don't know if to her come means that once she comes she will be stuck doing whatever I want her to and in the house means she's still free she just has to be in the house. I don't know but I would say at least 9 out of 10 times if not more she listens to that command.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!