View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
sweetsophia
Donating YT 500 Club Member

First let me say how sorry I am to hear that your dog is sick. I know first hand how disheartening it can be to watch a dog who is sick and feel you cannot help because they cannot tell you how they feel. I bought a Shih Tzu puppy for my daughter as a graduation present last September. After we brought her home we noticed that she drank ALOT of water. Way more than 1 ounce per pound of her body weight. She also seemed to urinate alot. Which would go along with drinking so much water. Her urine was never yellow but always clear. We spent over 2 months on antibiotics because the vet tested her urine and there was some bacteria so they felt she had an infection. 3 medications later and we had a full kidney blood panel done. Her BUN, creatinine, and urea levels were all elevated. After a few other tests we found out our puppy was born with a full blown case of renal dysplasia. She literally has no kidney function as their kidneys are very small and basically do not function to clean the toxins out of her body. We were told she would not see her first birthday and that we could put her on special diet foods but it would not help her to any huge extent. We feed our other dogs very good dog food and missing link to help them digest all the nutrients to their fullest extent. I am happy to report that although she is dying she is still with us. We love her every day as if it were her last. She has the most wonderful spirit and I know God sent her to us because he knew we would care for her until she passes on to rainbow bridge. I do a load of laundry a day because of her need to urinate alot she has accidents. I wouldn't have it any other way. She is not suffering we are told and will not allow her too. I do not know that this is what is wrong with your puppy. Just sharing a similar story. I hope that you find out what is wrong and are able to correct it with medication or diet. Good luck and God bless your baby. I will pray for you.
sweetsophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!